delhi capitals team 2023, Delhi Capitals is also included in the new teams of the Indian Premier League. Delhi Capitals (DC) came into existence in 2018. Delhi Capitals participated in their first IPL match in 2019. Delhi Capitals have some of the best players in the game with Rishabh Pant, Prithvi Shaw and David. Warner. Prior to 2018, the Delhi Capitals were the Delhi Daredevils and Delhi Daredevils co-owner Parth Jindal renamed the team.
Delhi Capitals is owned by GMR Group and JSW Group, The home stadium of the team is kept at Arun Jaitley Stadium, New Delhi. For 2023, Delhi Capitals have invested in 5 players: Mukesh Kumar, Riley Rosso, Manish Pandey, Phil Salt and Ishant Sharma. Manish Kumar became the costliest player in the IPL 2023 auction for Delhi Capitals.
Trend >>> mumbai indians team 2023 players list
delhi capitals team 2023
The budget of Delhi Capitals during the auction was Rs 19.45 crore., During the auction round, the group made the costliest purchases: M Kumar, R Rossouw, M Pandey, P Salt and I Sharma. Delhi Capitals’ costliest buy was INR 15 crores. Delhi spent the money to add uncapped speedster Mukesh Kumar to strengthen their bowling. He has done the right thing by including Phil Salt and nearby boy Ishant Sharma in his base price. Delhi Capitals tried their best to get Cameron Green and Nicholas Pooran, however, they were outnumbered. They have brought in additional firepower in their batting with the inclusion of Rilee Rossouw and Manish Pandey. The team includes nine batsmen, two wicketkeepers, three all-rounders and eleven bowlers.
Delhi Capitals Team 2023 Overview
|delhi capitals team 2023||Observation|
|tournament name||Indian Premier League|
|team name||delhi capitals|
|captain’s name||Rishabh Pant|
|team manager||siddharth bhasin|
|team leader||Parth Jindal|
Read >>> csk team 2023 players list name
captain of delhi capitals team 2023
Delhi Capitals team 2023 captain is Rishabh Pant, His real identity is Rishabh Rajendra Pant. He was born on 4 October 1997. Rishabh Pant is an international cricketer who plays for India. He plays the role of wicketkeeper and batsman and is a left-handed batsman. Rishabh Pant is known for scoring regular runs in Test cricket for India. He made his T20I debut for India against England on 1 February 2017; Thereafter, he made his Test debut for Team India on 18 August 2018 against England and his ODI debut for Team India on 21 October 2018 against West Indies. The ICC Awards 2018 was held in January 2019, and he was once again presented as the Emerging Player of the Year. Also, in February 2021, Rishabh Pant was named the ICC Men’s Player of the Month. He was asked to take over the captaincy in the T20I series against South Africa in the absence of KL Rahul due to injury.
delhi capitals team 2023 players list
The player list of Delhi Capitals team 2023 is shown in the table below-
|Rishabh Pant (c&wk)||WT-batter|
|Akshar Patel||all rounder|
|Michelle Marsh||all rounder|
|Lalit Yadav||all rounder|
|Ripple Patel||all rounder|
|Vicky Ostwal||all rounder|
|Aman Khan||all rounder|
|Phil Salt||wicket keeper|
Check >>> rcb team 2023 players list name
Delhi Capitals Team 2023 Retained Players
Below is the list of all the retained players of IPL 2023 by Delhi Capitals:
- Rishabh Pant,
- David Warner,
- Rovman Powell,
- Prithvi Shaw,
- Akshar Patel,
- Michelle Marsh,
- Sarfaraz Khan,
- Kamlesh Nagerkoti,
- Yash Dhul,
- Chetan Sakaria,
- Enrique Nortje,
- Ripple Patel,
- Praveen Dubey,
- Lalit Yadav,
- Khaleel Ahmed,
- Mustafizur Rahman,
- lungi ngidi,
- Kuldeep Yadav.
Delhi Capitals released players 2023
We have provided below the players released by Delhi Capitals:
- Mandeep Singh
- Lalit Yadav
- Praveen Dubey
- Ripple Patel
- Shardul Thakur
- Tim Seifert
- KS Bharath
Read >>> IPL Schedule 2023 Teams, Venue, Time Table
delhi capitals team 2023 match scheduled
|26 March 2023||7:30 pm||MI vs DC|
|1 April 2023||7:30 pm||dc vs gt|
|6 April 2023||7:30 pm||dc vs lsg|
|9 April 2023||7:30 pm||dc vs kkr|
|15 April 2023||7:30 pm||rcb vs dc|
|19 April 2023||7:30 pm||PBKS vs DC|
|21 April 2023||7:30 pm||rr vs dc|
|30 April 2023||7:30 pm||lsg vs dc|
|4 May 2023||7:30 pm||SRH vs DC|
|7 May 2023||7:30 pm||dc vs csk|
|10 May 2023||7:30 pm||dc vs rr|
|15 May 2023||7:30 pm||DC vs PBKS|
|20 May 2023||7:30 pm||dc vs mi|
Read >>> ipl auction 2023 sold out list of players
Coaching Staff of Delhi Capitals Team 2023
- Ricky Ponting (Head Coach): Former Australian cricketer and commentator Ricky Ponting will be the head trainer of Delhi Capitals. Ponting is a right-handed batsman and a right-arm medium bowler, however, Ponting is often known for his batting skills.
- James Hopes (bowling coach): Former cricketer and Australian cricket coach James Hopes has been named the bowling coach. James has also been in several IPL teams like Kings XI Punjab, Chennai Super Kings and Rajasthan Royals.
- Mohammad Kaif (Fielding coach): Former Indian player Mohammad Kaif has been appointed as the fielding coach of Delhi Capitals. Kaif is one of the greatest fielders of all time. In 2017, Mohammad Kaif became the assistant coach of Gujarat Lions, and later in 2019, he was once again appointed as the assistant coach of Delhi Capitals. Since then, he has been a part of the teaching staff of Delhi Capitals.
- Pravin Amre (Assistant Coach): Former Indian cricketer Pravin Amre has been named as the assistant coach of Delhi Capitals in the Indian Premier League 2023. He also served as the assistant coach of Pune Warriors and in 2021 he was once appointed as the assistant coach of Delhi Capitals. Capitals of Delhi.
- Shane Watson (Assistant Coach): Former Australian captain Shane Watson has been named the assistant coach of Delhi Capitals in the Indian Premier League 2023. Watson is a right-handed batsman and a right-arm fast-medium swing bowler. Watson started his career in IPL in 2008 with Rajasthan Royals. After that, he joined Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) and then Chennai Super Kings (CSK).
- Ajit Agarkar (Assistant Coach): Former cricketer and commentator Ajit Agarkar has been appointed as the assistant coach of Delhi Capitals. He is the best wicket taker for India in One Day Internationals (ODIs) at 0.33.