Sakat 2023 moonrise time today: Krishna Paksha Chaturthi is dedicated to Lord Ganesha and devotees observe Sankashti Chaturthi Vrat on every Krishna Paksha Chaturthi. Although, Krishna Paksha Chaturthi It is also celebrated as Sakat Chauth in the month of Magha and is generally located in North Indian states. Sakat Chauth is dedicated to Goddess Sakat and women keep a fast on the same day to wish for the well being of their sons. The story of Sakat Chauth describes the compassionate nature of Goddess Sakat.
karwa chauth moonrise time today
There is Sakat village in Rajasthan and there is a temple dedicated to Goddess Sankat. Goddess Sankat is known as Chauth Mata. this temple approx 60 kms from Alwar and 150 km from Jaipur, the capital of the state of Rajasthan. One can visit Sakat Mata Temple to know more about Sakat Devi. Ganesh ji is also worshiped on the day of Sakat Chauth. Worshiping Ganesha on this day brings happiness and prosperity. Sakat Chauth It is also known as Sankat Chauth, Til-Kuta Chauth, Bhakra-Tundi Chaturthi and Maghi Chauth.
Trend >>> PSG Schedule 2023, Match Timings, Fixtures
Story of Sankashti Chaturthi
According to Hindu mythology, once upon a time, there was a potter in a village who used to make pots. After making the pots, he used a furnace to harden them. When he was placing the pots in the furnace, he found that despite his best efforts, the fire could not harden them. Finally, he reached out to the king for help. The king approached the royal priest for help and remedy in this matter. Every time the furnace is ready for the pot, the royal priest suggests the sacrifice of a child. Following the advice of the royal priest, the king declared that each family must carry a child’s sand each time, and each family had to agree to this.
After a few days it was the turn of an elderly woman who had only one son. The old lady was sad that day. That day was Sakat Chauth, and she was sad that she had to sacrifice her child on this auspicious day. She was a devoted follower of Goddess Sakat. He gave his son a betel nut and “dub ka beeda” as security. He instructed his son to chant the name of the Lord while he was being thrown into the furnace.
Read >>> Auto Expo 2023: Dates, Venue, Timings
The child was instructed to go to the furnace. When the child was placed in the furnace, an old woman started worshiping Sakat Devi. The kiln was left to be ready in a single night. The next morning when the potter came to inspect the kiln, he was amazed to see it. They found not only the old woman’s son safe and alive, but also other children who had been offered to man the kiln. Since then everyone has started believing in the existence of Sakat Devi. Women pray to goddess Sakat for the safety of their sons.
Sakat Chauth Vrat 2023 Date
There is confusion regarding the date of Sakat Chauth this year. Chaturthi date of Krishna Paksha of Magh month according to Panchang Starts on 10 Jan 2023 at 12.09 PM and finish Next day January 11 at 2.31 pm, On Sankashti Chaturthi, there is a special practice of worshiping the moon, fasting is observed after worshiping the moon. In such a situation, the fast of Sakat Chauth will be observed on Tuesday, January 10, 2023 only.
moonrise time – 8.50 pm (January 10, 2023)
Read >>> BTEUP ODD Semester Exam Time Table 2023
Sakat Chauth 2023 Significance
Women observe Sakat Chauth fast to wish their children a happy life and a long life. In this fast, sesame seeds are offered to Lord Ganesha. According to the scriptures, on the Chaturthi of Magh month, Lord Ganesha goes around the parents to demonstrate his intense intelligence. It is believed that by worshiping Ganapati ji on this day and chanting mantras, the intelligence, wisdom and strength of the child increase. Gauri’s son Gajanan fulfills every wish of the saint. The fast of Sakat Chauth is observed without water.
Read >>> tntet paper 2 exam date
Sakat Chauth 2023 method of worship
- Every morning when people wake up early a holy bath is done.
- Take a pledge to keep the fast.
- Light a lamp of desi ghee and install the idol of Lord Ganesha there.
- Apply turmeric tilak on the idol, decorate it with yellow flowers and offer modak, or sweets, til kut and fruit.
- Devotees should offer Durva grass to Lord Ganesha
- Before breaking the fast, devotees should recite Vat Katha and perform aarti of Lord Ganesha in the evening.
- The fast will be broken after seeing him.
- The fast will be broken after seeing the stars.
Check >>> SA1 Time Table 2023 AP & TS Exam Date
4 things to do on Sakat Chauth 2023
- Devotees have to offer ghee and jaggery along with worshiping Ganesha on this day. After Paran it should be eaten as Prasad and distributed among all the family members.
- If you are working hard and you are not getting the results then you should chant the mantras of Shri Ganesha. Example: “Om Gana Ganapataye Namah” should be chanted 11 times and flowers should be offered with each mantra. After that, laddoos made of sesame and jaggery should be offered.
- If you are worried about something, then you should make a swastika with turmeric on a betel leaf. Then offer that leaf to Lord Ganesha and pray to him that all troubles go away.
- Eat vegetable-poor Kuttu Pakora like Makhana Kheer, Til Kut, Til Laddu, Satvik food during the fast.